Dr. Josephine M. Brown Memorial Scholarship is an award of excellence in honour of Dr. Josephine M. Brown, a long-time resident of the Town of Athabasca and her many years of service both, as a physician and a Town Councillor. This scholarship is an annual award, which acknowledges academic excellence and personal achievement.
- Must be a graduating senior or past graduate from Edwin Parr Composite High School in Athabasca.
- Show intent and desire to continue education at an accredited two or four-year college or university, vocational school, or technical training program in the medical field.
- Must have achieved an average grade of 85% or higher during the Grade 11 school year with no grades below 75% in Grade 12 prior to final exams.
- In case of an applicant accepted into Medical and/or Dental School, he/she must hold a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale, or 75%, or a B+ for at least three (3) consecutive terms at a currently attended accredited College or University.
- Display strong character, work ethic and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrate passion and dedication to his/her peers, friends in school, in sports and in the community.
Click here for the application.
Who was Dr. Josephine Brown ? Click here to find out !